In Sense is all about creating special experiences through engaging the senses. We know a thing or two about how certain smells can unlock memories, awaken the imagination, or bring calm. However, through collaboration with other creators, makers, and artists we want to bring to life all of the senses.
We will be adding some limited-edition items to our platform focused on sight, sound, taste, touch, and beyond. Our first collaboration is with a very talented illustrator & artist and is focused on the sense of sight.
The meaning behind the design: Inspired by the original joy of our Monster Collection of incense holders, our Incense Monsters have stretched into new territories of print illustration. The artist found inspiration from her own whimsical incense torchbearer (named Stu, she has disclosed) and the natural junction between incense and yoga practice. The rituals of both incense and yoga offer a transportive moment to pause, take stock and sink into the small joys of the day.
Artist Spotlight: Originally from South Africa, Kirsty Hayden-Smith is an illustrator & artist based in East London, UK. She works cross-disciplinary between pencil, ink, and watercolour illustration and paper craft sculpture. Drawing inspiration (pun intended) primarily from environmental conservation, her work most often centers around animals and environmental consciousness.
- Print Style: We offer giclee prints of the original illustrations to give a handmade feel. They will be printed with archival inks to stand the test of time
- Printer: Prints will be fulfilled by a trusted local printer that offers a 100% end-to-end carbon neutral service
- Packaging: Prints will be carefully packed in protective packaging & posted in a non-bendable envelope
- Dispatch Times: Please allow 1-3 business days for your order to be printed & dispatched
- Please note that all prints are unframed