In Sense is all about creating special experiences through engaging the senses. We know a thing or two about how certain smells can unlock memories, awaken the imagination, or bring calm. However, through collaboration with other creators, makers, and artists we want to bring to life all of the senses.
We will be adding some limited-edition items to our platform focused on sight, sound, taste, touch, and beyond. Our first collaboration is with a very talented illustrator & artist and is focused on the sense of sight.
The meaning behind the design: The 'Ocean Friends' series was spurred from the #DrawTheOceans challenge set by Greenpeace UK at the start of 2021 - to shine a spotlight on our easily forgotten oceanic neighbours. Championing vulnerable and much loved mascots of the big blue, the prints also celebrate the silent ecosystems that host them. This series collaboration is a serendipitous cross-over between a shared mutual love of the seas.
Nature and the oceans provide much inspiration to the artist, so in order to give back, we will be donating £1 from each print sale in the 'Ocean Friends' print series to Greenpeace UK. You can read more about their work here.
Artist Spotlight: Originally from South Africa, Kirsty Hayden-Smith is an illustrator & artist based in East London, UK. She works cross-disciplinary between pencil, ink, and watercolour illustration and paper craft sculpture. Drawing inspiration (pun intended) primarily from environmental conservation, her work most often centers around animals and environmental consciousness.
- Print Style: We offer giclee prints of the original illustrations to give a handmade feel. They will be printed with archival inks to stand the test of time
- Printer: Prints will be fulfilled by a trusted local printer that offers a 100% end-to-end carbon neutral service
- Packaging: Prints will be carefully packed in protective packaging & posted in a non-bendable envelope
- Dispatch Times: Please allow 1-3 business days for your order to be printed & dispatched
- Please note that all prints are unframed